Unlimited PS3 Games Downloads

Friday, December 24, 2010

What Are The Best Headphones For Black Ops Gaming Online.


Headphones are so Important to online gaming (Modern Warfare, Black Ops) that I was having a hard time deciding between Headphones and a LED television. I know, get the television. Usually it would be an easy choice but the television was only a 26 incher for my basement studio setup, mostly used for my computer and I already have a 50inch plasma and another 46 in the bedroom not to mention (why do we do that. say not to mention and then mention it?) 24 LCD in the kitchen. Televisions.... I got enough of but....

Anyway I decided to postpone the LED and get some serious Head Gear for my gaming adventures. I had been using (not regularly) the PX 21's from turtle beach but I lent them to my Son JDOSSTHABOSS (by the way the best player I know) who uses headphones more than me, because his broke. I have a kickass 7.1 surround on the Plasma with vintage speakers for surround and 6 foot court room speakers I got at an auction for the Left, right and center channels, I PWN all game sounds. I want the headphones for the Bedroom setup (Bose 321) which is great for movies and only adequit for my gaming adventures.

I was originally going to get the Tritton AX-720 7.1 surround set because they had 8 separate speakers. I decided on the turtle Beach DPX21 7.1 surround sound set. These are just like my old ones just with surround provided by the DSS system thingy that transforms normal stereo speakers into surround on a PS3 (optical hookup). The DPX21 only have 2 speakers.

All the other surround headphones are just too expensive and sound equal or worst to the Trittons and Turtle Beaches. The Astro A40's are supposed to be the best but why pay $100 more?? Same with the Tritton AX360 They simply are not worth the extra $100 but they are some seriously sexy looking headphones.

WHY I chose the Turtle Beach DPX21's from turtle beach over the trittons?

Well even though the Turtle Beach DPX21's only have the 2 speakers against the Tritton ax-720's 8 - The turtle beach ones have computer generated surround that make the surround sound seem farther than the inch away from your ears than the Trittons, this makes the surround sound so much realer. Plus the turtle beaches don't feel like a heavy helmet on your head. It takes a long time to get use to the trittons, they are huge and heavy.

The Price is about equal but the turtle beaches are just better. I may end up wit the trittons simply because those are the pair that I left on the monitor in the kitchen accidentally while I was doing research and my wife just may get them for me and then I will return them unopened and get the Turtle beaches. You can watch the slide show in the sidebar and read up on them, both pair. Or go back up and click the Picture of the one you want to know more about.

Unlimited downloads for your PS3 Click here

2 comments:

  1. This one of the headphone that I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play this game black ops and I love it. I enjoy playing it using only the speaker of my computer. I think it is a great idea to use a headphone on playing this game because it is an action packed game and the sound of guns and the effects is one of the best things about this game. I need to have that headphone to make my gaming more amazing.

    ReplyDelete